"Invalid Login" message when trying to use Lexus Enform Pandora

I have a 2014 Lexus RX 350. Since I've owned it, I've always used the same phone and I've never had any major problems using Pandora radio through the Lexus Enform app.

Tonight, however, I am having an issue. The Enform app connects to my vehicle just fine, but when I try to run Pandora, it says "Invalid Login" on the navigation screen.

I've gone into my Enform App settings on my phone and have verified that my Pandora account is properly linked. I've also verified that the password and email address are correct, but still, I am having this problem.

I've tried searching Google for a resolution, but have not had any luck finding an answer.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/2/2018 at 10:04 PM, GAMESHARQ said:

I have a 2014 Lexus RX 350. Since I've owned it, I've always used the same phone and I've never had any major problems using Pandora radio through the Lexus Enform app.

Tonight, however, I am having an issue. The Enform app connects to my vehicle just fine, but when I try to run Pandora, it says "Invalid Login" on the navigation screen.

I've gone into my Enform App settings on my phone and have verified that my Pandora account is properly linked. I've also verified that the password and email address are correct, but still, I am having this problem.

I've tried searching Google for a resolution, but have not had any luck finding an answer.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Pay no attention to the low life who spew hate and have nothing to contribute.

It's odd how issues like yours occasionally happen.  One thing to try is to delete and reinstall the Enform app on your phone.  You might even have to delete/add the apps to your Enform account on its website.  If all else fails, call Enform support.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, 1990LS400 said:

Pay no attention to the low life who spew hate and have nothing to contribute.

It's odd how issues like yours occasionally happen.  One thing to try is to delete and reinstall the Enform app on your phone.  You might even have to delete/add the apps to your Enform account on its website.  If all else fails, call Enform support.

Your response is a absolutely fantastic example of how poor a program Enform actually is.  It's not "odd" that bad things happen, it's poor software engineering combined with insufficient testing.  These "issues" simply should not happen, but are caused by creeping requirements change, shortened development schedules, and a lack of good software design skills, a lack of validation and verification of the requirements, and poor management.  Lastly, when issues do arise, the consumer should have resources immediately available to assist, not depend on the response of folks on forums like this, who may or may not know how to fix the issue(s).  Enform is poor quality software, and THAT is why it fails.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 9:23 AM, RickC5 said:

Your response is a absolutely fantastic example of how poor a program Enform actually is.  It's not "odd" that bad things happen, it's poor software engineering combined with insufficient testing.  These "issues" simply should not happen, but are caused by creeping requirements change, shortened development schedules, and a lack of good software design skills, a lack of validation and verification of the requirements, and poor management.  Lastly, when issues do arise, the consumer should have resources immediately available to assist, not depend on the response of folks on forums like this, who may or may not know how to fix the issue(s).  Enform is poor quality software, and THAT is why it fails.

The in-dash Lexus Enform and similar Toyota Entune systems are dependent on Enform/Entune apps running on cell phones.  Toyota can control the quality of their in-dash systems but cannot control the capability and quality of cell phones used with their in-dash systems nor can they control the car owner's appropriate use of accounts such as Pandora.  An issue like the "invalid login" message that the OP encountered is typically caused by a problem with the Pandora account, registration on the Enform/Entune website or with the cell phone through which Enform/Entune is being used.

1 hour ago, 1990LS400 said:

The in-dash Lexus Enform and similar Toyota Entune systems are dependent on Enform/Entune apps running on cell phones.  Toyota can control the quality of their in-dash systems but cannot control the capability and quality of cell phones used with their in-dash systems nor can they control the car owner's appropriate use of accounts such as Pandora.  An issue like the "invalid login" message that the OP encountered is typically caused by a problem with the Pandora account, registration on the Enform/Entune website or with the cell phone through which Enform/Entune is being used.

For the record, the issue was not with my phone, my Pandora account, or my Enform account.  The problem was that Pandora made an update and Lexus failed to synchronize their system with their update.  In other words, the problem was entirely on Lexus' end and something I had no control over.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:11 PM, GAMESHARQ said:

For the record, the issue was not with my phone, my Pandora account, or my Enform account.  The problem was that Pandora made an update and Lexus failed to synchronize their system with their update.  In other words, the problem was entirely on Lexus' end and something I had no control over.

My take is different.  Pandora Media has made multiple changes over the years that didn't comply with agreed-on specifications and without notifying companies that were affected.  These non-compliant changes affected more than just the Entune and Enform app systems used in Toyota and Lexus brand vehicles.  Sometimes, companies scrambled to update their software to cope with Pandora's screw-ups and sometimes Pandora Media fixed the problems on their end.

In some cases, other software companies found it impossible or at least impractical to change their software to cope with Pandora Media's mistakes.  I wouldn't know as much as I do about Pandora's issues if I had not ended up being a voluntary beta tester for a software company after I reported that Pandora no longer worked properly with their software.

Having been involved in software development for nearly 45 years, I can appreciate Pandora's dilemma ... attempting to introduce new features and do bug fixes while keeping compatibility with a wide range of hardware and software platforms.  I know first hand the perils of rolling out releases of new software that have to be compatible with multiple platforms and have the bruises to show for it.

I've had a pay Pandora account for many years and have been as frustrated with Pandora's problems as anyone which is probably why I don't listen to Pandora nearly as much as I used to although I have continued to pay for it.  These days I tend to listen to SiriusXM and Amazon Prime Music while I drive far more than I listen to Pandora.