Help needed, 2015 RX350 with Mice!

Nice picture Les and I suspect you are pointing to the left side of the pin where the hole is. If  so then could I glue in a piece of screen to keep the critters out. We just replaced our 2015 RX350 with a new 2021 and the very last thing I want is more mice inside.

One has to take care of the mouse problem outside and around said building that the car presides. No mice outside means no mice inside. I worked for a Pesticide/Mouse company for 2 years. Yes, I am licensed. Combination edible poison blocks inside a container and traps are the only way. It may take a month or so to eradicate. Use peanut butter for bait.  🙂 Do Not bait in the garage, Outside and away from target 😉 Bait them away from where they are.

39 minutes ago, dcfish said:

One has to take care of the mouse problem outside and around said building that the car presides. No mice outside means no mice inside. I worked for a Pesticide/Mouse company for 2 years. Yes, I am licensed. Combination edible poison blocks inside a container and traps are the only way. It may take a month or so to eradicate. Use peanut butter for bait.  🙂 Do Not bait in the garage, Outside and away from target 😉 Bait them away from where they are.

I do share your thoughts on attacking the mice at the source but living here on 120 acres of woods and fields with mice in every one of the outbuildings and all over the fields you are barking at the moon thinking I could ever get rid of them. Sealing off the interior of the garage has helped a lot with finding all the access points where they could get in. Prior to my doing the sealing I had been catching a few mice each week inside the garage and now I might get one every month. They do come in when the garage door is left open and immediately begin setting up house. Why they tend to seek refuge inside of the car is a mystery and knowing where they find a path into the interior of the glove compartment is most valuable. This is IMO a design flaw that I might be able to take care of with a small screen over the correct opening.

I placed an extension cord under the hood to show the direct path a critter might take to get into the ventilation bay.

I point to a small walkway that a rodent could take even with the hood closed. There is a clear open path from the engine compartment up into a gap that leads into the fresh air intake bay, if that's what they call it. i.e. the mouse does not need to chew thru the rubber seal that surrounds this bay.

01EBCEC4-E78B-4D22-A15F-3DF7DD71A0C5_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.f5670e5f5f8ab990178980e62597b2db.jpeg

Yes, Sealing is important. Regardless of where you live What I described above will take care of the mice in the area where you live. Feral cats are an option in your case.

37 minutes ago, dcfish said:

Yes, Sealing is important. Regardless of where you live What I described above will take care of the mice in the area where you live. Feral cats are an option in your case.

I have Hawks, Owls and other Raptor birds that hunt my property and make a good living on the mouse population. No way I would lay out any type of poison. I do have regular traps set inside the garage with peanut butter that works great. 

• Like 1

Definitely no poison outdoors, Big Fine here. Yeah, One has to keep at it. My father in law lived in Arizona and trapped desert mice for 2 years, Then there were none for years...Coyotes helped clean up the mess.