How To Use Aux. Input To Play From An Ipod

sang1070

I was told from my dealer (doesn't seem like they know) that I could connect my ipod through the rear entertainment system and play it through the radio, so to hear it within the whole car. Unfortunantly, I was misled and it seems to only play in the rear section through the wireless headphones. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Should be able to choose it as an input but just can't figure it out. It would be such a let down if this input can not play throught the cars audio system, seems like a waste for just the back seat to be able to hear it. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I use a cassette tape device; you place it in your tape deck and it has a wire that connects to your headphone out on your iPod. Then just select tape output and you can hear it throughout the car.

Not the greatest as there is a wee bit of background hiss, but it works well enough for me!

The FM devices work far less effectively IMHO.

• 3 months later...

I just bought an IPOD and am looking to find out the same thing. Is it possible to have a technician installed an AUX line-in so I can hook up my IPOD directly into the AUDIO system without going thru FM transmitter or tape playing.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, the Lexus audio systems do NOT have an aux input open that is availiable for use. You might be able to purchase an adapter that would use an input already being used by your system but you'd loose the use of something else.

A tape adapter or FM modulator is your only choice. I have my Sirius satellite radio going through a directly connected FM modulator and the sound is fine, the Lexus stereo seems pretty compatible with FM mod. signal.