2007 LS460L - what to look for?

Hi all,

I am considering the purchase of a '07 LS460L with 138k miles.  It looks super nice inside and out.  I have owned several Lexus in the past, but all were early 90s LS400.  I am not at all familiar with the LS460.  Do these have timing belts that have to be changed?  Any tips on trouble spots, etc., would be appreciated. 

Hey man it's been a while. Welcome back. 

The two big ones are the control arms and brake actuator; but honestly there's not too much that can go wrong. Detailed list in another post from a while back: I think is largely still relevant.

Good luck!

I hv an 07 w 133k right now.  This car has been issue free, mechanically.  Overdue to get plugs changed and rear diff fluid changed.  Got a call in 2 Lexus,as i write this, for a price. I'll  probably wind up doing it myself.   Just finished replacing rear struts myself.  What an improvement!  But, now became obvious I need 2 do fronts, as well.  

This is all, obviously, regular maintenance.  I've owned this thing for almost 5 years, and put 65k on it..........best car I've ever had, hands down!

• 3 months later...