Crank no start

Boss2553

I bought a 1998 ls400 last week that had been sitting a few months.  The previous owner started to have the alternator replaced, a bolt was broken off in the block.   I purchased the car was told it would run if the battery was charged.   I came to get and put a battery in and it started right up I backed out to load it and shut it off.    When it arrived home we rolled off of the flatbed and I started and moved in my driveway.   2 days later I cleaned the motor compartment and now it will turn over but not start. I have used start fluid with no change.  I also tried to start with a new transponder key. Don’t think it was ever set up.   So when cleaning out the trunk I found the timing belt tensioner opps.   I installed and tried again no change but sounded a little different.  I them pulled the inspection covers and the left can was off about 4 teeth.  It is now back in time and sounds different but no start.  I did pull a coil and put a plug in and had a weak spark.  Does the security system kill all spark, part spark, fuel?    I did try the 6 minutes in the on position any ideals.  Thanks

You stated that you cleaned the engine. How did you do it? Power wash or just wiping it down? If you used pressured water you might have got some things wet and just have to wait for it to dry out.

power washer but not to much on the electronics , i have fuel pressure and spark i pulled a plug and it is not wet. if the security is on does it effect the injector pulse. I have sprayed  starting fluid in the throttle body and it did not try to fire 

Well did the PO replace the alternator or not because a bolt broke off in the block? That could be your problem right there if not. These engines can act funny after a power wash and it's been documented if you google it.