Compressor issue

Hi guys,
i am a new member and pretty much a noob student who is not aware of much mechanics of a car. Anyway, i just bought a used is350 2012. After driving it for nearly a month, i came across an issue, the AC did not used to do much cooling in the heat and i guess this is where i should have been cautious. i just took out my car the other day and the belt that runs the compressor pulley just broke. I had it checked at the mechanic and they said the belt broke because the compressor was jammed (jammed as in completely jammed, and does not move a single bit). Long story short, he told me i had to get a few other things along with the compressor replaced. Which has already cost me some good money. Now the only thing i am worried about is what might have caused the compressor to jam up and what i can do in the future to prevent it. i am afraid that after getting all the issues fixed,i might end up having the compressor jammed once again. Because i do not quite know what had caused it to jam up. My friend told me that it could be my aggressive driving and flooring the car too much because he had a similar experience with his Rav4's compressor jamming up due to giving the car full throttles. Since i do not quite know any other reason and i am an aggressive driver, that leaves me to believe what my friend is saying but again he does not have much experience with cars either. Did any one have a similar experience with their is350? Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance.