I just got a 2007 Lexus gs350 from my cousin he got a new car so the car was sitting for 5 months when I went to start it no surprise the battery was dead I called aaa to jump when he had the charger on the battery it started and everything was fine but when you shut the car off it wouldn’t start again so I had it towed to Toyota and had the battery replaced they said they changed the battery and now the alarm won’t stop going off and the key fob isn’t opening the doors or trunk when you go in the car the computer gps starts up but car won’t start or turn off alarm I changed the key fob battery before I had all the issues I’m not sure if this is the problem but Toyota could not figure it out and I just spent $400 for them to tell me good luck get out of here I was hoping you guys could help me out please!!!

JLogo1985, I feel your pain. Please also post at clublexus.com since it has a bigger readership than this and likely has had somebody post something like what you have before.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Andy_N
      Hi Guys,
      Couple weeks ago, my Lexus hybrid system light came on. I took the car to a  local Lexus dealer. They charged me $160 just to test the engine light and  told me to replaced my hybrid battery for $6,700. I am so broke I declined the replacement.  Last week, I opened the hybrid battery and tested all cells. Turns out all cells are fine. I reassembled the battery back in place and drove it for another week. Today while driving 70 mph on the highway the "warning hybrid light" comes on again  including check VSC, check ECB. Does anyone here has the same problem like it do? I know the battery is fine. Could the battery converter causing this problem?
      Any advise would be appreciated.
      Thank you.

• By texuslexus1
      I recently brought my car in to have the dashboard replaced under the Warranty Enhancement Notification and had the car battery replaced at the same time.
      When I picked up my car, the moonroof would not open and neither the tilt nor power button would do anything, so I could not reset it myself.  The dome/map light would not come on manually or when a door was open.  These remain issues.
      A little while later, the audio system started doing strange things intermittently including:
      power off causes eject disk, then power off switches radio to FM, then power off ejects another CD; power off causes eject disk, I reload disk, then power off turns unit off; power off causes eject disk, hitting load turns off unit; power off causes eject, do not load a disk, unit shuts off by itself.  Otherwise it is hard to switch off the unit.  After a couple of weeks, this behavior mostly stopped.  Now the light which illuminates the radio display stays off most of the time, but sometimes it will come back on.

One of the dual function tail lights stopped working (it was off with the headlights on and came on when the car was in reverse - the dash indicator light came on indicating an issue) and then it started working again and the dash indicator light went off).

I plan to return the car to the dealer to see if they can figure out what is going on.  Could all this be related to just the battery being disconnected?  When I changed the battery myself on a 2005 RX330, nothing happened other than needing to reset the power windows.  When a dash is replaced, does any wiring harness behind it need to be unplugged?  If so, perhaps there is a poor connection when a harness was reconnected.

• By oldglo
      Hey guys,
      I have a 2005 RX330 and I think there is an electrical issue with it. If I don't drive it for 2 or 3 days, it completely kills the battery, to the point that it can't even be charged up. Im already on my third battery. What do you think could be the culprit here? And how to do I go about diagnosing it? Unfortunately, I don't know much about the car and why it started doing this as I just bought it.

Looking forward to hearing your response! Thanks in advance!
    • By The"jasmine"SC400
      Hey guys, I just bought my first sc400 and I have a couple questions, my biggest concern is that she keeps burning alternators i read somewhere that it might be my power steering? Or someone mentioned the valve cover cap? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i cant afford to take her to a shop, also any general tips about this car Would be awesome, thanks guys!
    • By jjc1971
      Hi all,
      New to Lexus and new to here. I did try to search but couldn't find a thread related to this. Also posted this on the wrong thread - sorry. 
      Bought a 2004 RX300 a couple of weeks ago and I've been really pleased so far. But I now have an issue. A couple of days ago the belts squeaked for about a minute but it wasn't first start up of the day so I noticed and thought that's odd.
      Since then belts have squeaked a few times and again for a minute only and not from cold.
      Yesterday got in it to leave work at 5pm and got the squeak but also the red battery light was on for the first time so I turned off all the power hungry items. After about 5 mins the battery light went out again, and then I pulled over to pick up groceries. When i restarted car started ok with no noise and no red light but no power. There was nothing to indicate it was in limp mode, no warning lights just wouldn't pull.
      Any thoughts? My initial uneducated thought is alternator. Alternator may have semi 'seized' so with the squeak yesterday was alternator refusing to turn, but then it did turn but is so stiff its basically nearly stopping the engine but it is reluctantly turning hence the battery light is out.
      Is there any way I can test the alternator? Is my theory idiotic?
      Any help greatly appreciated.