92 LS400 flashing AC button light

threepwood

First, the simple question.  Is there a way to read the error code that is causing my AC button light to flash and disengaging the clutch?

More detail.  Engine backfired when do a seafoam "suck it in and let it sit" restart, causing compressor locked up solid.   Next time I'll remember to turn AC off.  I replaced the compressor.  New compressor will only run for 2 seconds before light starts flashing and clutch disengages.  I pulled clutch relay and jumpered to engage clutch.  AC is working perfectly, even in auto mode, but light still flashes with jumper installed.  Pressures at 2000 rpm are "by the book" around 25 and 210.  So I think it's fully charged and cools just fine, but I would consider fixing something if I could figure out what is causing this.   157k on odometer. 

1 hour ago, threepwood said:

First, the simple question.  Is there a way to read the error code that is causing my AC button light to flash and disengaging the clutch?

More detail.  Engine backfired when do a seafoam "suck it in and let it sit" restart, causing compressor locked up solid.   Next time I'll remember to turn AC off.  I replaced the compressor.  New compressor will only run for 2 seconds before light starts flashing and clutch disengages.  I pulled clutch relay and jumpered to engage clutch.  AC is working perfectly, even in auto mode, but light still flashes with jumper installed.  Pressures at 2000 rpm are "by the book" around 25 and 210.  So I think it's fully charged and cools just fine, but I would consider fixing something if I could figure out what is causing this.   157k on odometer. 

Try this out.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/air/accodes.html

Many thanks.  Unexpected code, 33, air mix damper position sensor ??  Doesn't sound like something I could have knocked loose replacing compressor.  And even stranger, after hitting the off button the light has stopped flashing?  Repeatedly started car and light no longer flashes?  Will try putting relay back in later today to see what happens.  Thanks again.

33 keeps coming back.  I have cycled the vents many times and all seem to be working fine but it still keeps coming back.  Is there any way to bypass this error so I can put the relay back in?  Would like to have the  compressor lock up protection and this error seems to be silly as the vents all seem to be working properly and maintains 74 in auto just fine.