Front Defroster issues

Pennsbury

Hello everyone, 

Does anyone know what to do with fried wire for the front defroster?  First snow of the year I turned on the defroster on 2000 rx 300 everything was fine at first few minutes later I smelled burned plastic and low battery light came on and I turned the defroster off light went off. Next day alternator terminal was burned and disconnected car stopped.  I fixed that. Couple days later then that knock sensor (bank 2) came on. It's goes on and of by itself but, lately it stays on longer than it did before. I don't know how to get to defroster so, I can inspect and see if anything I can do to fix it.

The defroster is part of the HVAC for the front windshield. For the rear window there's an electrical strip that heats it up. So which window are you having problems with? This actually sounds like a bad alternator from your description.

I am having problem with the front one I am afraid of put it on because of it may cause a fire. You maybe right about alternator.  However car starts right up and charges the battery with no problem. The light came on code 0330 knock sensor circuit (bank2) after alternator cable fried  so, I dont know if its related