Console tray insert

janesflame

I've been searching for an additional console tray insert for my 2018 RX350 F Sport, meant for coins and small items.  I've only found those for 2016-2017 year models. Does anyone know if the console configuration for the 2018 has changed from 2016-2017 models?   

Thanks,  Jane

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have 2018 Rx and my salesman said this insert was meant for the old iPhones  4's or 5's. You were supposed to be able to place your phone there to charge. I have iPhone 6s plus. Salesman agreed Lexus has not updated that space for newer phones. Very disappointing. Also no Apple Carplay until 2019. But don't get your hopes up and I hear software is not backward compatible for previous models. 

The OM claims you can place your phone there with a path for the cord to go inside the console, hidden away to where you have a charging port. I don’t use it for that because I already have a strap-on juice bar that charges the phone should it be near dead when I pick it up.  A juice bar will charge any phone continuously whereas the Lexus will only charge when the the ACC or Ignition is on.  On second thought, I could put the juice bar (shaped like an IPhone) in that slot to charge it while driving instead.  Normally, I bring it in the house to recharge it.

With two ports in the console, I can listen to USB music and still charge a phone or juice bar if I want.  Now I have to look up Apple Play to find our what I’m missing since I’ve heard of it but never tried it.