Hate Those '93 Model Fog Lights!

I think the ugliest and most useless item on my '93 ES300 are those yellow fog lights! Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket clear lenses available or aftermarket driving lights that fit in the same space? I've looked online through many sites to find the same size, good quality lights, but haven't found any.. :cries: Or, has anyone modified the area for later model lights and had success? :unsure:

I changed mine but they aren;t going to help much anyway.

They can be modified to a rectangle shape but then buy the 95-96 lower grille as it has bigger openings.

You will also need to make a cutom bracket to hold them inplace as well.

Surprised it hasn't been said yet...

If you change to white "fog" lights, you won't actually have fog lights anymore, just white ricer lights...

The reason you have yellow fog lights is because the yellow light doesn't reflect off the water particles in fog as white light does. This is the same reason you don't use your high beams in fog...

That said, I don't actually like the look of the yellow lights either. But contrary to what you said, they're probably one of the LEAST usless (unneccesary) things on your car :P

Surprised it hasn't been said yet...

If you change to white "fog" lights, you won't actually have fog lights anymore, just white ricer lights...

The reason you have yellow fog lights is because the yellow light doesn't reflect off the water particles in fog as white light does. This is the same reason you don't use your high beams in fog...

That said, I don't actually like the look of the yellow lights either. But contrary to what you said, they're probably one of the LEAST usless (unneccesary) things on your car :P

Living in Dallas Tx., you almost NEVER have fog. That in mind.....ugly yellow lights on the front of your car, suck! I just want to see if anyone like myself have the same hatred for the ugly lights. And if so, what did they do to spruce up the nose. :cheers:

living on the New England coast line, fog is just another part of the day.

Gav is correct, yellow cuts the fog better. If they ain't yellow, then they are "driving lights" and the intent is to illuminate the ground immediately in front of you (under the headlight span). Some driving lights cast a short but wide spread so that the shoulder of the road is illumintated, where as the headlight area is further up the road.

don't know what you would do to hide them other than some extensive body work.

steviej