Speaker Change-out

jt5047

How do you remove the rear speakers and the subwoofer to replace them? I have recently bought a 1995 SC400 and wish to upgrade the speakers. Also how are the mids in the doors taken out? I'm new and don't know what to do! Thanks!

The rear speakers are bolted to the rear deck frame. You'll have to remove the carpet cover. In the trunk there is a false wall that comes out easily. Pull it and you have access to the rear speaker undersides. The door speakers involve pulling the door cover to do it right. But the cloth screen cover can be removed and you can access the speaker. Hard to get the screws though.

That helped my alot. Thanks a bunch. One more quick question, my amp goes out when i hit the gas driving down the road. i can tell because when the volume is maxed i can hear a touch of music from the speakers. but when the unit is off for a while the music comes back. It always goes out when the engine is revved but not in park or netral. could it be a short or maybe something in the circuit or fuse box?

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to replace my amp because it happened again, is there an aftermarket amp available to use the existing connection or do i have to buy a rebuild. how hard is it to wire a new amp and has anyone tryed it? Also are there any aftermarket radios that can use the stock changer? thanks