Rear lift gate molding RX 400h

A loader at Costco accidentally damaged the rear molding on my 2007 RX 400h. I chose not to complain as he was an older gentleman and a very nice man.

I got a great deal on a used molding on ebay and am now ready to install it.

My questions is has anyone installed this molding on an RX vehicle and if so how is it removed?

I hesitate to simply begin pulling on it as it seems to be very thoroughly installed.

Thanks In advance for any help that I receive.

• 1 month later...

I think that's referred to as a Rear Bumper Guard. Most likely it is similar to the one on the newer RXs. That one has adhesive tape under it. On this page is a link to installation instructions for a 2016 RX:
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/accessories/lexus~rear-bumper-protector.html

Howdy and thanks for taking the time to respond. What I am actually replacing is the rubber strip that goes around the entire rear door 360 degrees. I have tried to pry it up and it is really snug but I will guess that it just takes more force to get started. I have asked a body man about it (but not shown it to him yet) and he has not replaced this on a Lexus.

You're welcome.

Typically, rubber strip is held in place by one of two means - adhesive or built-in push pins. You can ask the Lexus parts person how the strip is held in place. He or she should have access to an exploded view drawing that should reveal this information.