08 Rx350 Ride quality

I purchased a 08 RX350 with just under 90K on it. I have put over 5K on it now. Since that time I have discovered that I think the entire suspension is falling apart.

I have already replaced all 4 sway bar links, oh and new brakes all the way around. My passenger parking brake assembly was all bent to where the retaining pin was sticking out further than it should and was causing an awful clicking/clunking noise as the hub was hitting it when rotating.

Being newer to Lexus, I was wondering how the RX350 handles bumps? I feel like its taking bumps very hard, not like jar your kidney hard but more than I think a Lexus should. More like a truck. Also the previous owner(s) have that spray on rubber which is breaking down and is like gross melted rubber and gets on everything. I hate it! Anyway, I am wondering if I should be replacing my struts? I want the softest ride possible. So any recommendations would be great.  I do have brand new tires as well.

Also lately I hear this clunking coming from back drivers side when wet. Sounds like when rotation happens something is catching and it breaks free. Not sure if I need new sway bar bushings too.

Kyb OEM replacements are an excellent option (put on my O4 330) be sure to replace bushings  mounts etc ! Or go to Lexus dealer and get actual units! Go local for install so if squeeks and creeks occur they can be addressed quickly! 

• 1 month later...

The previous owner of your RX must've lived near multiple sets of train tracks. Our 2006 RX400h now has 115,000 miles on it and the shocks and suspension components are fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/11/2018 at 9:19 AM, Ironbyrd81 said:

When I look at my struts and they all look like this it leads me to believe they are bad ? 

930C8895-7337-4348-BE93-1D0A2412A104.jpeg

They are bad.  See the shiny and oil near the top, blown seals.  Time for new struts.