Headlight leveling and VSC problems- 2000 LS400

jerryparks

I want to disconnect the headlight leveling feature. ( It now stays on all the time.)   Also, my VSC ( anti skid light) will not stay off even after using the procedures in the handbook. Any help would be appreciated.

What model year?  Your profile says you have a 1992 and automatic headlight leveling was not available then.   OK, I see your second question that probably means that you have a 98-00.

The VSC warning can come on for a variety of reasons.  You need to figure out what the problem is and fix it.  Are there any error codes?

What is going on with your headlight leveling system?  If it's broken, you should fix it.

On 12/26/2017 at 11:40 AM, jerryparks said:

What are the reasons that the VSC warning message would come on?  I've checked the tires and they seem to be OK. The VSC problem is intermitant  ( It comes and goes. )

As I said, the VSC warning is displayed for a variety of problems with most having nothing to do with VSC.  For example, the VSC warning displayed on the 2000 LS400 I drove for 11 years when the throttle position sensor started to fail.  The VSC warning also displayed almost every time a battery started to fail.  See if there are any stored trouble codes.

For me i dont bother with the VSC light since it is intermittent, mostly and almost every time whenever i am in a bumper to bumper traffic the VSC light pops up

Yes on cold start ups the light is not there, if you are light is on 24x7, then try pulling up the codes if you are unable to find anything in codes then reset it all the lights will go off and then you may start over and check that during which vehicle movement time the light came on

If you dont have a code reader, try disconnecting the battery and then connecting again, by this way you will reset your OBD and all lights should be off

where do you plug it in? okay ... find the lever from where you open the bonnet, so from there keep going down towards the brake pedal and you will find a port to plug in the hardware, there is a white color cap for the port remove the cap and there you will see the pins to connect your OBD chip

My best bet would be amazon.com, also it depends on your budget these devices range from as less as 20$ and go up to level of mountain 400$

So make your best bet

Edit: I just ordered this code reader today for myself (Autel AL519) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XE5LTG/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 2 weeks later...