08 RX350 Strut/Coil/Mount Replacement Recommendation?

Hi!  I have a 2008 RX350 FWD with about 135,000 miles, and the front strut mounting plate is making noise when turning. Instead of just replacing the mounting plates, my mechanic recommended replacing the struts and springs at the same time, due to the age and miles on the car.  I haven't had to do this on my 2000 RX300 with a lot more miles on it, so wanted to get your feedback and recommendations.

In searching the Forum, I see good and bad results with Monroe and KYB.  Is any one brand reliably consistent over the long haul? 

What about FCS Auto?  They make a complete assembly for a decent price through Rock Auto, but I haven't heard of them or had any dealings with them before.  Thanks in advance as any feedback would be appreciated!

FCS is from China. I used their complete strut assemblies on the rears of my 09 RX350. I found them to fit perfectly, but the ride is a little stiffer than the factory strut. Have not done fronts yet. Since doing the front mounts alone would cause you to need an alignment, I would go ahead and replace the assemblies, then get the alignment.

I've only put a couple thousand miles on them so far. No problems at all. I bought the car used so I never knew what the stock suspension felt like. The rear struts had gone mostly flat and I had a lot of body roll and sway. That is all gone now, but to me it feels stiff. Not so stiff that I could have justified the huge price difference for other brands. And if I had, how would I know that they felt any different? Keep in mind that the FCS came as assemblies with new coil springs too, not just the gas strut. So that saved a lot of time during installation.

11 hours ago, jetfixer01 said:

... Not so stiff that I could have justified the huge price difference for other brands. And if I had, how would I know that they felt any different? Keep in mind that the FCS came as assemblies with new coil springs too, not just the gas strut. So that saved a lot of time during installation.

This is what I'm thinking as well.  I hope they work as well for the front struts!

I've been using Sensen assemblies on my 2004 rx330 and am very happy with the ride. They are a little noisy (you have to have a mechanics ear to pick up on it) and the ride is a little stiffer than stock. They came with a lifetime warranty and I've had them on all 4 wheels for 10k miles without issue. 

The Sensen assemblies look like they are 2-1/2 times the cost of the FCS assemblies.  It's hard to determine the difference between the different brands - need some sort of Consumer Reports testing on them all!

• 4 months later...

Anyone know the correct PN for the FCS strut. I have a 2008 RX350 FWD w/o air suspension. I'm guessing the 2333378L/R are the correct ones. I tried to install the 1333448L/R with no luck (of course this the pair that Amazon said would fit, even after some dialog with the seller). I purchased a second set from Amazon and no fit!

Thanks in advance...

IMG_0532.thumb.JPG.005cd548e8c2b53996787f0a1ff30ca0.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

We have used FCS full strut sets (and several others, A1, Oready, othe no name imports) quite successfully. ALL great - easy install and new car ride -  WE like overall warranty, pricing and delivery from AM auto-parts  best in general. Just used those on new  "project car" 2007 400H @ 152K miles. Less than $300 for AWD all 4 corners. Wow new aftermarket vs 152 K on OEM 11 year old parts! Lexus dealer would have charged $1000's for this job alone job. We rebuilt whole suspension with (mostly AM) aftermarket parts. I'm sure it will be more like new for 100K+ miles. Won't really care when car is approaching 300K in 4 -6 years !