Heater Control Valve

Wow, thanks K9crew!!! This will help a lot. I'm not sure how to get to all the parts to test them, so I have the Lexus manuals on order to allow me to pull the car apart and fix it. Your help has been greatly appreciated!!

Marty

Well I've got the Lexus manuals now and it appears that the dash has to come off to get to the air mix servo motor. Has anyone removed the dash before on an SC400?? It does'nt look to easy. I am pretty handy, but I hate like hell to screw anything up!!!

Never pulled the dash. That would have to be a nightmare. Are you sure you can't remove just a part of it? Sometimes the manual exaggerates the work involved. Did you run voltage to the motor to make sure that it needs replacement? I would do all the tests first before pulling it.

Air servo mixer tend to fail on RX, GS and some SC. So here is the

quick check. Remove your glove box compartment. Look closely

to the air blower and you will see your air servo mixer. Adjust temp up and down if the actuator doesn't move. That is mean you need a new unit. It has been a long time since i replace one of these. If you still have trouble, I will look into the manual and let you know tomorrow. Good luck.

JPI

Thanks JPI, I will try pulling the glove compartment and checking it out. It may be a little while since the weather is not forcing me to fix it ASAP. But I will update you with my progress. Thanks to everyone for their help!!!