2001 Lexus GS300 shutting off while driving.

Not sure if it is electrical or fuel system but while driving the car just quits. All electronics, AC, radio all shut off and car stalls out. All lights come on on dash. Car starts when stopped and put into park. Have had dealership check the car and they cannot find any issue. They suggest it may be fuel pump but not sure. Any thoughts?

• 6 months later...

had a similar problem years ago with my 1998 GS400. car shut of on highway. after pulling over it immediately started with no further problem. Brought the car for a check up to toyota dearer and toyota dealer service rep discovered interruption following a check of the car's computer but no clue of why it shut off. service technician then noticed i was driving the car with 2 lexus keys on the key ring(i then owned 2 different lexus vehicles). i was then advised to separate the 2 different keys with separate key rings. and have since then never had the problem again. I still have the '98 gs400 and always drive the car with one key on the ring. hope this experience helps you.maybe  different keys  on a single key ring  can send a signal to each other that disrupts the ignition system???

I had a 92 SC400 that would always shut off while I was driving. finally figured it out and bypassed the gas line. Mine is behind the back seat. No problems since!