Stock stereo cuts outs 04 gs 300

I have 04 gs 300, I'm not sure what's wrong with my stereo, would appreciate it if anybody knows what's wrong with it.

When I  turn the ignition on the stereo comes on for about 10 sec the  passenger rear speaker has static coming from it and the rear subwoofer sounds like it is blown, so after the 10 sec the stereo just cuts out. Is it my head unit or or does the system read a blown speaker and go into a safe mode and cuts out? 

Hi Jason...welcome to the Forum

Depends on how much bass is going through the speakers and judging by the fact that the rear speaker is blown, i would imagine probably quite a bit.

If this is the case, then the hear unit can cut out as there is an overload in output (this is called 'clipping') and the only way around this is to either turn the bass down or wire in a Capacitor to provide enough power for the speakers.

Sound like you need to replace some of the speakers anyway.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers,   Trevor

• 6 months later...

Thanks for input I've put asid for a bit but I just recently took out the sub and the passenger rear door speaker cause they were blown  and I get sound still for 10-15 sec then it still cuts out do you think I need just replace the stock amp and speakers and hopefully that'll be that?