Are There Any Other Fuses! Help!

OK, I F'd something up playing electrician with my Lex-Mobile....

Are there any other fuses that work with the radio besides the regular 7.5 to 30 amp puses that can be visually checked inside the motor well?

I was messing with my stereo system, I removed my sub-amp and was following a wiring diagram I found on the net for sc's, but that thing was all wrong....anyhow, the radio was working fine still, but the sub wasnt ofcourse...but all of a suden I must have grounded one of those cables andburned something out but cant figure out which fuse it was.....now my radio, antena, and auto telescopic wheel dont work....the telescopic wheel works if I mess with the controls but it doesnt work automatically with ignition.....the radio is dead, power antena, too.....ANY ideas of what I may have friend please let me know, as I said...its none of the regular fuses under the hood that can be checked....

Can it be one of those square fuses or a sonlenoid? wtf!!!!!1 Lexus electrical systems are so freaking complicated

:censored:

There's a fuse box located next to your left foot when it's on the footrest.

A lot of people seem to be missing the cover, so here's a pic for ya:

fuses.jpg

The circled fuse is the "Rad No. 2" fuse which seems to be the counterpart to the "Rad No.1" found underneath the hood.

Thanks for the pic .....I actually had the cap for them but had NO idea where those fuses were...so thanks a mil!!!!!

PS Im going to take my car to install stereo professionaly....these cars are to complicated to elctro noobs like me.....they are only charging me about 120 for 2 amps with all the wiring and stuff, so I rather pay it and forget about headaches

THanks!

• 9 years later...

Hi,

I am trying to identify the fuse associated with the bank of lights in the gear selection lever bank (where you select the gear for P-N-D-2-3) for 2002 RX300. Looked up in the Owner's manual. Though I found the listing of the fuses, I did not see any reference to this transmission selector lever area. Any help is apprecaited.

Regards,

RaliR

Hi,

I am trying to identify the fuse associated with the bank of lights in the gear selection lever bank (where you select the gear for P-N-D-2-3) for 2002 RX300. Looked up in the Owner's manual. Though I found the listing of the fuses, I did not see any reference to this transmission selector lever area. Any help is apprecaited.

Regards,

RaliR

It is probably fuse 45 which is for the "Instrument panel lights". If the "position indicator lamp" does not light up when your headlights are on, the bulb is probably burned out.

The arrow in the attached diagram shows the bulb. Replacing it requires careful disassembly. It is usually possible to slight the position indicator plate upward on the gear shifter shaft while replacing the bulb. I don't remember if it is necessary to slide the lower position indicator housing up and out of the way to replace the bulb. I have done it only on a Camry but its gear shift mechanism looks the same as the RX.

By the way, it is best not to piggyback your question on an unrelated thread for a different car model. Start your own thread in the RX300 section.

post-2157-0-74390200-1391368177_thumb.jp

Hi,

Regards,

RaliR

It is probably fuse 45 which is for the "Instrument panel lights". If the "position indicator lamp" does not light up when your headlights are on, the bulb is probably burned out.

The arrow in the attached diagram shows the bulb. Replacing it requires careful disassembly. It is usually possible to slight the position indicator plate upward on the gear shifter shaft while replacing the bulb. I don't remember if it is necessary to slide the lower position indicator housing up and out of the way to replace the bulb. I have done it only on a Camry but its gear shift mechanism looks the same as the RX.

By the way, it is best not to piggyback your question on an unrelated thread for a different car model. Start your own thread in the RX300 section.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I am new to the site and that is why I did not post my request in the right place. However, before your response, I had figured this out and posted it again on the RX 300 forum.

With respect to your suggestion, I am slightly confused. Here is the reason why. You had suggested Fuse 45, that is for Instrument Panel Lights. But then if that is the fuse I am concerned, wouldn't more than just the gear selector bank lights be out, meaning other lights on the Instrument Panel?

Just to fill you, about 10 days ago I had my car serviced by the Lexus dealer for replacing a burnt out front head light (passenger side). At that time, they also replaced my battery. They also indicated that the "D" light on the instrument panel (This is on the Dashboard itself) was burnt out, but because of the cost of replacement, the dealer rep himself suggested that I do not have to replace it. After I brought the car, I noticed that the entire column of lights, 6 in all (P-R-N-D-2-1) were out. But I was down with a bad back and so I did not follow up with the dealer right away. I am planning to do that tomorrow. In the mean time, I thought if this was just a burnt out fuse, I can replace it myself, without having to go back to the dealer.

Since about 6 light bulbs are involved, I am thinking that it has to be a fuse and not individual bulbs.

Here's the link to the new post that I started:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/79410-rx-300-fuse-for-transmission-selection-lever-bank/

Thank you for your help again.

Regards,

RaliR

RaliR,

I will continue to respond to this thread since it contains my or your replies.

It is doubtful that a burned out fuse is the cause of the position indicator by the gear shift not lighting up. There is only ONE bulb below the gear shift position lever to light all gear positions. You will see how the position indicator "cover, slide" moves (slides) forward and backward over the one bulb if you replace the bulb yourself. All the diagrams I have looked at for numerous Lexus and Toyota models have shown the same one-bulb design.

If I were guessing, the Lexus dealer would charge one hour of labor to replace the bulb in the instrument cluster and one hour of labor to replace the bulb at the gear shift.