Autozone Atsco Power Steering Pump

lex4me

I special-ordered a reman ATSCO power steering pump from Autozone (listed in their system as coming with a replacement reservoir as well) for my 91 LS since it came with a lifetime warranty and was $30 cheaper than the A1 Cardone with was listed as not coming with a replacement reservoir. The part came in yesterday, but did not have a reservoir with it. The Autozone guys ordered another one at that point, which came in today, again with no reservoir. Has anyone on this list ordered a replacement ATSCO pump from Autozone and had it come with a reservoir? It's not that it's that big of a deal to clean out the old one and connect it to the new pump, but I was hoping to avoid the extra hassle.

I just went to and then started calling 5 local Autozones. Every store had one ATSCO With Reservoir "in stock". BUT when we looked at it, it did NOT have a Reservoir with it. After calling the other stores, got them to visually check theirs in the box, and NONE had a reservoir.

Was planning on replacing mine tomorrow.

EB

The number at the Autozone[Randleman Rd, Greensboro,NC] is 336-272-3510. Where I got mine in Dec.

The part # on the invoice is posted above; it is the rebuilt pump WITH reservoir !!!

Not sure about the name ATSCO--don't know what that is--it is not on the invoice. The listing on the invoice is "IMP POWER STEERING".

All you ask for is a rebuilt power steering pump for your LS400.

AutoZone called the manufacturer on my behalf Friday. They are shipping Autozone another pump, this time with a reservoir (albeit not connected). I'll let you know when I actually have it in hand. FWIW, Autozone recommended the addition of a PS filter. $17 and a special order later, I have an American Remanufacturers Inc inline 3/8" filter with a "deluxe" 3/8 nipple (no jokes, please), part #2210. Seems pretty basic for $17, but if it does the job and prevents me from having to replace all of this stuff again, I am all for it.

I haven't made it to a local hydraulic hose shop for them to re-create my high pressure hose, but I plan to do that next.

lex4me--

i am very much interested in what ur hydraulic hose shop comes up with

re duplicating ur hi press hose...$ wise.

this is an expensive oem item and if they can repair/re-create/duplicate

whatever the hose for minimum bucks, it would be a big savings for a lot

of folks who go thru the ps repair fiasco if a hose is truly needed.

please post back when u get the 'hose shop' report.

lexie

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been able to work on the car for a week and a half since I was out of town. Back in the saddle again now, though. I'll let the list know how the hydraulic hose co does with fabricating a new high pressure line for me. On the replacement filter, I suppose that $17 for an extra inline filter that is easily replaced is cheap insurance. Thanks to this list, I learned about the solenoid filter just tonight - the solenoid needs to come off of the old rack and onto the new one from AutoZone - I would have installed it without cleaning this screen and instantly had crud in my system. Cruising this list is time well spent.