How Do U Take Off Back Seat--!

I want to do a relatively small sound upgrade and I need to know a few things---hopefully someone knows how to make this happen, or whether or not this can be done...ill try to make this as simple as possible....here it goes...

I know theres a sub-amp that powers SUB speaker. My idea is to disconnect that sub amp, cut the input wires, and re-route them to a new amp, thus eventually powering up 2 10's in the trunk.

Im wondering if I can safely use the REMOTE, 12V, and Ground, as well as the SUB'S input cables to connect the other amp.

If I can do this, great, this means all I have to do is remove the back deack where the rear speakers are! So how the F*** do u take off the back seat to take off that board? I was looking at the seat and I could figure it out...didnt want to start breaking stuff u know...

Now, if my idea cant be done (using the wires that connected to sub-amp to power new amp), this means I would have to re route every cable into this new amp....

My question is, how can I get a remote wire (Ignition 12 V) to power my amp. I wouldnt want to use 12 V direct for both 12 V and Remote cos then the amp would be on all the time. Another option is creating a switch for the amp, but who wants to flick switches to turn on an amp u know.....so were can I get a Remote/Ignition signal from?

And yes, pkease dont forget to tell me how to take off that damn seat!!

Before I break something cos Im not very delicate with my hands :whistles:

Alrite guys, thanks in advance...dont know what I would do without this wonderful place :cheers:

• 4 years later...

carbophat, It's probably sticking, being bolt down for many years. Did you try going through the trunk, removing the liner pushing up on the sub and did you unplug the third brake light connection (for Sc300 models)? I removed my rear speakers several years ago, make sure as I did in step 8 that your +/- are disconnected and any clips/wire harness connectors are not fasten.

Link of my removal post 2

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=51847&hl=

yes, i have done that stuff, i guess I need to put a little more elbow grease into it tonight and see what happens.. I have redone the whole stereo system, i just didn't take that speaker out at that time. I use a DVC 12 in the back and I figured leaving that hole would help the sound come through..