Navigation/Map Screen Black

I started the car (2013 RX350) this morning, nothing appeared on the navigation screen, camera not working in reverse, screen remains black. I can turn on the radio and hear music but cannot choose source as screen remains black. Please advise.

Took the car to the dealer since it was still under warranty. The service consultant had never seen this occur. The service technician had to call Lexus service support for guidance. He ended up disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and reconnecting it. They called this a "hard reboot" of the vehicle computer system. Everything is now working fine and I got a free car wash to boot. 2 hours time lost but now I know how to fix a reoccurrence. With all the computer and electronics on today's vehicles, it makes me feel compelled to purchase extended warranty coverage.

• 2 years later...
On 6/27/2017 at 10:21 PM, mjones1160 said:

Took the car to the dealer since it was still under warranty. The service consultant had never seen this occur. The service technician had to call Lexus service support for guidance. He ended up disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and reconnecting it. They called this a "hard reboot" of the vehicle computer system. Everything is now working fine and I got a free car wash to boot. 2 hours time lost but now I know how to fix a recurrence. With all the computer and electronics on today's vehicles, it makes me feel compelled to purchase extended warranty coverage.

I did purchase the extended warranty for this very reason.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 2013 RX 350 thatt doesn’t have navigation just the standard infotainment system. I disconnected the screen to clean the plastic/glass and polish some scratches out of it. after I reconnected it the Bluetooth works, radio works, but the screen is black. Is there some sort of reset I don’t know about? Do I have to pull the fuse? Maybe disconnect the battery? Not sure but can’t get the screen to come back. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.