Front rotors and pads?

2015 RX350 and I have the parts to replace the front rotors and pads. Is there a tutorial anywhere here or on the web I might be able to view?

I have done plenty of these brake jobs but never one on a Toyota/Lexus vehicle and would like to see or read about any tips and tricks before I do the job.

Thanks

Gary

Thanks DK! Did the job last night when the wife got home from work. Just a little over an hour and all done.

What bugs me most is the original pads and rotors don't look too worn at all but the pedal was pulsating pretty bad and getting worse. Just a quick comparison shows I still have over 50% of the pad material on both pads and on both sides. I have no way of measuring the rotors or checking them for true but it does seem rather wasteful with only 30K on the clock.

Gary

• 1 year later...

I love my 2012 RX350, but I hate the front brakes - they seem to last one or two years and then they start pulsing.  I am a careful relaxed driver and seldom do anything close to an emergency stop.  I bought the car with 33,000 miles and replaced the front pads and rotors with Lexus original parts at at around 53,000 miles.  These pads and rotors lasted about 2 years before they started pulsing at around 75,000 miles and then I replaced them with Powerstop Evolution pads and drilled and slotted rotors which I bedded in carefully as per the instructions.  They worked well for a while, but only lasted one year and approx 15,000 miles.  I've now bought Wagner rotors and Brembo pads which I'll change in the next few weeks.  Any ideas when the brakes need replacing so frequently?  Thanks. 

I bought my 2015 RX350 as a lease return with 20K on the clock. At 22K I did the same with all OEM parts, pads and rotors because the pedal was pulsing. Now the RX has 36 K and it is just starting again to pulse. I figured it had to be the rears so I replaced them. Turns out the rears were fine but I finished the job with all new OEM parts since I was there. I will be ordering the full front set again in the near future. IMO this has something to do with the anti lock system that I know very little about. I've replaced a lot of pads and rotors over many years but these are the first for me with the anti lock and I might be missing something in the process. Is it possible there is some relief valve or other step we should be doing when we compress the calipers for the new pads and rotors? I have considered paying the outrageous price and letting the Lexus dealer do the fronts this time just to see if they last longer but at more then twice the price of DIY they still would not warranty their work if after 15-20K the brakes need replacing again. I have had a few panic brake stops with the SUV when deer or bear jumped out and again when some bimbo on her phone needed my side of the road at 60 MPH. Would love to hear from a Toyota/Lexus certified mechanic about this issue.