Replace The High-mount Light

FreddT

I have the instructions to access the high mount stop light, but I am stopped because it says to "Separate the woofer speaker cover from the package tray trim." I assume this is the exposed perforated fabric cover on the shelf in the rear seat area. I tried to pry the cover off at the joint, but only succeeded in putting dents in the fabric. It would not come apart.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is there a special way to release this cover? Thanks a lot.

I am pitiful.

Well, I tried to pry the cover off again with 2 screwdrivers, and all I did was dent it even more. It will not come apart.

Let me ask-I'm inside the passenger cabin, in the rear seat on my knees, and I'm trying to pry the cover off at the joint between the woofer cover and the rear deck. It won't let go. Are there some screws I should release first? Why won't it release? There must be something I'm doing wrong. I see 4 screws in the trunk, but they look like they only work after the cover is removed, to take out the speaker.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry for the late reply.

I had a look at the subwoofer cover on the back shelf. There seem to be a couple of plastic clips (one on each side towards the front). Pry off from the bottom will undo these clips.

Thank you for your help, VY Guy.

I pried the cover off, but it a piece of the cover off as it was removed, as I feared. I guess a 10 year old car will do that. I can jury rig it to look decent.

Thanks again for your help.