wiring RX330 audio system for mp3

I have a 2004 RX330 which has a 6 CD changer and a cassette player.  Has anyone had any success installing an adapter such as this one to allow direct mp3 input?   I have a FM radio  transmitter, but the reception from my phone from the headphone jack through the transmitter is spotty and has static.  I don't want to use bluetooth.  I'm having the dash replaced by the dealer so I thought this would be a good time to do this. Thanks for any guidance/suggestions. Bob  http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1082&CategoryID=45

Questions like yours don't come up very often anymore since most people who wanted audio interfaces on older Lexus vehicles did that years ago.

Sure, if that pac product does what you want then buy and install it.

The original "gold standard" in aftermarket audio interfaces for Lexus vehicles was probably VAIS.  Many Lexus dealers sold VAIS interface products before Toyota started including audio interfaces on its vehicles.  VAIS still has interfaces for your RX:  http://www.vaistech.com

I wouldn't shy away from Bluetooth A2DP.  Modern Bluetooth wireless audio sounds just as good as hard wired aux-in.  I stream audio wireless from my phone via Bluetooth very frequently in our vehicles and I can't imagine having to plug in an aux-in cable to do it.

Thanks for your reply and the VAIS link.  I found a youtube video on how to install a GTA car kit in my RX.  If I go this route, I need to find a kit that works with android.  I'm sure Bluetooth works well, but I'm not a big fan of cell phone or Bluetooth radiation.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEx20dQnhIc

I just replaced the cd changer/cassette deck on our 2005 RX330 with the Sony  AVX-AX100 (car play unit).  Purchased the deck through Crutchfield.  Simple installation and gained tons of functionality.  We do not have navigation.  I bought the module to retain the steering wheel controls.  I installed a backup camera as well.  You can easily add a inexpensive headunit and gain hands free calling and bluetooth streaming and usb playback.  The nice thing about purchasing through Crutchfield is they pretty much give you the harness and trim kit to do the install.  I wish I could install the same head unit in our 2006 LX470, but the climate control integration prevents it.