Anyone Heard Of This Synthetic Oil?

Lexusfreak

Anybody ever heard of Liqui-Moly line of synthetic oil's & other products? B) It's a German product & my mechanic imports it from Germany (he's also German & runs an independent shop that services high end european & Japanese cars). Click the link to have a look. He says it's quite a bit better than even Mobil 1, Amsoil & Red Line! B) click the "products" section once your into the link.

http://www.liqui-moly.de/web/lmhomeen.nsf/pages/index_flash

:cheers:

Liqui-moly is distributed in Canada thru "altrom group" from what I've heard. Expensive but apparently worth it. We shall see.... B) Anybody else heard of this stuff?

I have heard of it. Several CL members have used it and posted about it.

My recount says it is very good stuff but it is very expensive stuff. Too much so, that I wouldn't even consider it. For the cost difference it wouldn't serve any more advantage than Amsoil or Mobil 1 changed at my regular 5k interval. I have too many other things to obcess about....I don't need another one.

steviej

Lol :lol: I hear ya setviej B) It is quite expensive stuff. Thanks for the info, I'll check it out on CL to see if I can find some more opinions on their products. What's your take on the 5W 40 synthetic grade out of couriousity? :unsure:

my mechanic says it's quite a bit better than even Mobil 1, Amsoil & Red Line! B) click the "products" section once your into the link.

"Better" in what respect? A Toyota engine is so well engineered that it will not be seriously worn

even after running 400,000 miles using ordinary plain dinosaur oil and no oil additives. If your German mechanic was honest and knowledgable he would tell you this.

Sounds like your implying that he's a crook!? :rolleyes: hardly! He knows I use only the best so he offered me only the best ;) as he also carries Mobil 1 as well as conventional & did the oil change for me for only $5.00 more than what it would cost me to do the Mobil 1 oil change. :D If anyone is intrested in knowing more about this, the North American distributor for Liqui-Moly is a company called Altrom or http://www.altrom.com They have quite a few different products to offer. I've just switched to the 5W 40 100% synthetic grade & will be using the Liqui-Moly synthetic fuel system cleaner (professional grade 500ml) on my honeymoon as we are driving to Florida. I will share my findings for those who are intrested when I return near the end of May. M-Kay?! B) :D

As I mentioned, you can find out more about their products at the following link:

http://www.liqui-moly.de/web/lmhomeen.nsf/pages/index_flash

I have e-mailed the head office in Germany (helps to speak both languages to some degree). They should be sending me some technical specifications soon. I will post when I receive them.

:cheers: