Replacing parking light bulb?

dommm

I am plagiarizing this photo from another thread (hope you don't mind). My left (as you look at picture) parking light has burnt out (I'm assuming). I have searched google for a replacement video but can only find videos for replacing head lights. It does not look like the parking lights are accessible by the same route as the head lights. Can anyone lead me in the right direction on changing the left parking light? thanks  

PS: 2004 ES 330

166emgz.jpg

Dommm,

Its most likely the same as many cars today. To access the back of the headlight assembly, to get at the individual bulb sockets, you will have to remove the front wheel, and loosen some of the front bottom plastic cover on that corner of the car, by pulling out its plastic plugs. Then pull all of the plastic plugs that secure the plastic wheel liner in the front and half way back to the rear of the wheel arch. The entire wheel liner doesn't have to be removed, so don't pull out the plugs on the rear, but mainly from the shock tower forwards.

That should allow you to pull the liner from the front of the car down and towards the rear, giving you enough room to get a work light and your arm up into the back of the headlight assembly to change out the bulb. It should be doable, but it is a pain.

The only other way to do it, is to remove the whole headlight assembly, but to do so means removing the front bumper cover, and the associated problems of reattaching it without scratching the paint. This is a link to a YouTube video of a Toyota Camry (Lexus ES300 sister model) for the same year, on how to remove the headlight assembly for bulb replacement. Watch the entire video as it shows some tricks. 

Just be aware that if your ES has the moveable headlights that follow the terrain as you drive, the back of the headlight assembly will be more involved but much the same.

I just did the same job on my 2012 Subaru OutBack last month. Not fun, but definitely a DIYer job. Good Luck!

On 4/21/2017 at 7:25 PM, dommm said:

I am plagiarizing this photo from another thread (hope you don't mind). My left (as you look at picture) parking light has burnt out (I'm assuming). I have searched google for a replacement video but can only find videos for replacing head lights. It does not look like the parking lights are accessible by the same route as the head lights. Can anyone lead me in the right direction on changing the left parking light? thanks  

PS: 2004 ES 330

Thanks, I will likely just leave it alone. Looks to complicated for a light that does not seem to serve much of a function.