Should I trade in my RX400H

I own 2008 RX400H, with about 65000km.  Yes, no mistake here, 2008 model bought new in summer of 2008.  I only use it to drive around town, and I live in town, so mileage is very low indeed.  Here is my question. It is pushing 10 years, and the lithium battery is warranted for 10 years.  I service it in my dealer, who has been very good.  I asked how much to replace the lithium battery should it go bad, and he answered about $5000.    How long will the battery last? Should I consider trading it in while the battery still has a year of warranty?

My thought is the battery the only thing bothering you or do you have new car itch.  By the way there are venders that provide the battery much cheaper in around the $3000 range. Many Prius owners still have original battery well past the 10 year mark.  I too have a 2008 RX400h and figure the cost of the battery is cheaper than car payments.  I have 199k miles on my vehicle and I love it.  Only wish it had some of the newer collision avoidance systems of the new cars.  I would never trade it in, sell it on your own and reap much more than what you would get for a trade in.  With your mileage your car is still very desireable with a premium price.

Thanks for your advice.  I do have a bit of new car itch, but I really want an all electric car which may be here in 2-3 years (hopefully).  My wife wants a smaller suv (she always want small cars), so which of the Lexus model is there?  I have been out of touch with new cars since my 400H is so realiable.  

Well there is the Lexus CT200h hybrid, however for smaller the Toyota Rav 4 is an outstanding candidate or the Prius series of cars.  There are Toyota electric vehicles available now. Good luck, but remember your car has high resale because of the mileage...don't let it go cheap.

The smaller Lexus SUV is the NX200h or turbo. This is a slightly better appointed version of the Toyota RAV4 which also comes as a hybrid for approximately $35,000. The limited version of the RAV4 hybrid can come with the "bird's eye view" feature which shows an overhead view of your surroundings when backing up.

There is a member of this forum (and RX400h owner) whose vehicle has 250,000 miles on it (original battery, I believe), so you shouldn't worry about having to replace yours for quite a while. By the way, I believe our batteries are Nickel Metal Hydride, not lithium.

Thanks for all your help.  Dave, it is reassuring to know there is a lot more life to my battery.  I looked at the new Lexus SUV (on-line), and my goodness, are they ever expensive.  Besides I do not like the front grill of the new Lexus.  It looks to me like an angry animal with mouth wide open and head lights like ferocious eyes.  I'll keep mine for now, and make better use of my money somewhere else.