Lcd Display Finally Fixed

Em91

Hey everybody I finally repaired my LCD with the new unit I won from EBAY. The unit that I bought is from MIkado. I am very happy with the results and now I can finally see the display for the climate control and the clock. Any questions feel free to ask. :)

The lcd cost $172.00 U.S.A. This was with shipping and handling included. The shipping and handling was $10.00. I will try to take a picture of if over the weekend so, that everybody can see. The procedure of taking apart the climate control was easy. The hardest part was seperating the lcd display from the climate control.

The $172.00 was just for the LCD. I had to take apart the unit and have the new lcd soldered to the unit. It wasn't a hard job. It was well worth it. If anyone is going to do this themselves be very careful removing the old LCD from the front plastic. My new LCD looks excellent. Mikado wanted an extra $15.00 for them to solder the unit for me bu,t I did not want to have to wait for it to get here. :)

This is the second time I'm going to ask this. Last time I asked it in the pinned topic and nobody responded, everybody was preoccupied with their issues.

Anyways, is there a serial # on the AC/heat unit; that cannot be removed with out damaging it. So, they will not sent me the wrong unit or a different one.

Sorry 93lsowner. I didn't notice any serial number but, i wasn't looking for one. When i sent out for my lcd they asked me to make sure i listed the year of the car and that was it. Remember all I got was the LCD, not the entire unit.

I also got from Mikado after winning on Ebay. As you will see in the pictures, the original LCD is slightly tinted, where as the replacement is not. but all in all, the LCD font are pretty close to the stereo display font. Please forgive for the quality of pictures, the new LCD looks much better than in the picture.

post-4-1083362537.jpg

93lsowner. this is not the same as Jim walkers. There are actually noticible differences. Jim Walkers design is excellent but, I just heard that the Mikado design was the direct replacement that Lexus uses. This is why I chose the Mikado design. It looks just like the radio design.

No, it is not. Jim's LCD is a bit different on the fonts. Check the pinned post at top for pictures and you can see the difference. The only reason I went with the Mikado over Jim's is because of how so many other members had theirs done by Mikado and how all were very pleased with the new LCD. I also heard that Mikado repaired units for Lexus dealerships and has the closest match to the OEM LCD. By the way, I self installed this LCD and as stated by EM91 was very easy to install. Total time with removal / installation of unit from car and LCD replacement was like 45min at most. Thanks to those members that showed how to take the unit apart.

Yeah, they are different. The reason why I did not want to place a post in the pinned one because there is so many other stuff on their.

I was quoted by Jim Walker on a 90-92 LCD for $115 (without shipping nor installation; shipping = $15 & intallation =$15) back in February or early March of this year. He said that he won't have any for 93-94 until June.

I look at cars on ebay like 3-5 times a day. But I don't know how it works. My parents don't want me to buy anything online.

People buy cars off ebay, without test driving it or physically looking at it. :blink::wacko::wacko::blink:

Em91

Sorry for the late response, I have had my LCD on for about 3 months.

93lsowner - As you stated, Jim only makes for the 90-92 models, If you were to win one of the auctions on ebay, this company calls and asks if you need for the 90-92 LS or the 93-94 LS, so you have a choice of which to get.

No, I didn't meant that they don't sell 93-94 LCDs. But, in Janurary or Feburary I contacted him by e-mail and he said that he does not have 93-94 LCDs as of now, but they will get some in June.

[maybe they have it now......]