Repair Manual

EAGLE33

Hi all!!

I recently bought 1996 LS 400, and since I'm DYI type of man, I need to get me a Repair Manual and Parts book or microfiche. If anyone knows where to get those besides being raped by a dealer, please let me know.

Thanx

There's a catch to the cheap $100-150 Lexus factory repair manuals on ebay - they are PHOTOCOPIES of the real factory manuals. So the print quality is not as good, the paper is substantially flimsier and the binding is fragile. Still, you can't complain too much considering the low price.

You can get the real Lexus hardcopy editions for the $150 bracket. I think I paid about $175 after s/h for vol 1 & 2 of the '95 Lexus LS repair manual. The things you want to aviod are the $40 CD's.

:cheers:

got mine from a dealer but try irontoad.com and others; also a big Toyota dealer!! Let your fingers do the walking!!!

If you do your own work, they will pay for themselves probably on the first job.

Grats on the auto.

:cheers: Do you have a contact number or address for the Toyota Publications site for the repair manuals? I'm looking for a 1999 LS400 set. The only dealer I have found so far wants $200+ for the set.

Thanks

I recently bought the 2-volume set for my 2000 LS from Sewell Lexus for about $240. I paid about $150 for the 2-volume set in 1990 for my first LS. Regardless of what you pay for manuals, it is the best investment you will ever make. Or you can subscribe to Toyota's TIS: http://techinfo.lexus.com/ As I reported in previous posts, another Lexus owner said that he downloaded all of the content of the manuals with a $10 one day subscription to TIS. Doing this takes a broadband connection and a lot of dedication to get it done. Or I think it is $50/month or $350/year.

I was disappointed that Irontoad did not answer my request for a price quote on a part I needed. I sent the same request for a quote to Sewell Lexus http://www.lexus-parts.com/ the quote was provided within 24 hours. I ordered the part from Sewell the same day and it was shipped within 24 hours. This is the 2nd time I have ordered from Sewell and their service has been fast and their prices (relatively) low.

Toyota Publications place is in Campton, CA. I can't find their number, but I will be there next week to pick up my manual. If anyone need a number, let me know - I'll get it next week. B)

I downloaded all kinds of info at that Techinfo website for 10 bucks. Took less than an hour with a broadband connection. You need Adobe Acrobat.

I think the info assumes you are somewhat skilled-I still have another post where I ask how to get the "Rear Woofer cover" off to access the high mount stoplight. The techinfo site simply says "Take it off." Guess I need the Repair Manual for Dummies.

wow i didn't know they were copies.

They looked real .As i bought mine for $300 canadian for all 3 volumes from the dealer 6 years ago.

Shouldn't it be illegal to sell photocopies.

Did you buy a photocopied set how is the quality and is it legiable?

:cheers: Eagle, I'll take the number when you can get it. I do like having thepaper copies. Easier to read and reread the nite before and as you do the repairs. I bought the manuals for my 1989 SAAB 9000T. I paid for the manuals with the first repair that I did. A lot of the dealers replace componets as a set and not the offending part. You can save big dollars taking a couple of minutes and breaking down the componets further.

Thanks for the info!!

:cheers: Eagle, I'll take the number when you can get it. I do like having thepaper copies. Easier to read and reread the nite before and as you do the repairs. I bought the manuals for my 1989 SAAB 9000T. I paid for the manuals with the first repair that I did. A lot of the dealers replace componets as a set and not the offending part. You can save big dollars taking a couple of minutes and breaking down the componets further.

Thanks for the info!!