Wheel jerks when braking, or jabbing brake

Wheel jerks when braking, Dealer says front ball joints are bad even though I just put new ones on in the last 2 years, but I guess they could be. Would a bad ball joint cause this or should I be looking elsewhere.

I have also replaced in the last year, upper control arms, outer tierod ends, control arms #2 (castor arm), multiple alignments.

Do you think it would be the balljoints or possibly inner tie rods? Dealer wanted me to pay another $50 diagnostic fee AFTER they aligned it for a 3rd time so I don't really trust what they are telling me at this point.

If I jab the brake quickly the steering wheel will jerk to the left about 15-20 degrees.

Thanks

Sounds like a brake grabbing....sticky caliper piston or slider.

If it's pulling to the left, it suggests that either the right hand front caliper is lazy or the left hand one is grabbing

UPDATE:

When I first turn the car on in the morning, the brakes work fine for about 2 or 3 stops, no pulling or wheel jerking, then as I keep driving it slowly gets worse until it starts dragging and wheel jerking.

Now I'm leaning towards a brake hose or the master cylinder.

Would it be the brake hose is screwed and on startup the hose doesn't get "stretched" until a few times the brakes are applied, and then it "stretches" out?

If I were you, I'd take it to a reputable Lexus/Toyota shop and have them diagnose the issue. Most places charge 1hr diagnosis at $100-$150/hr. If anything I think you are thinking too much into it. It's probably a siezed caliper piston or maybe a bad brake actuator or something. Maybe it needs an abs/trac module update

Yeah so I went out for a drive at lunch for 15 minutes, brakes worked perfectly fine, so I guess maybe its either an intermittent blocked hose, or a sticky caliper, I'm now leaning towards sticky caliper I guess. Don't have $150 to spend on a diagnostic, and then still have to pay to fix it. I'd rather shotgun it at this point since hoses are $12 bucks and caliper rebuild kits are $6. I assume if it was the brake hose it would be doing it all the time, and I've never read online about a brake hose collapsing and doing the complete opposite of a caliper piston that's always active. I know these cars have master cylinder issues but I fail to see how it could only effect one brake but who knows.

• Like 1