Once Again- Lexus most reliable!

pj8708

Here are the Stats from J D Power for reliability as it stands againts all other makes. The computations are drawn from occurrences per 100 units.

Do you thin these results are accurate? 

Please people, Tell us what you think.

Do you have any suggestions?

Paul  

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/02/22/lexus-named-top-brand-in-j-d-power-2017-vehicle-dependability-stud

Edited by pj8708
spelling
  • Like 1

Nice, my LS400 circa 1992 is giving me electrical issues out the ***, I am having to install a new main relay for all interior electronics (minus doors since they are on another relay), I am also replacing my odometer and having it rolled to a correct calculation as its broken, replacing the failed A/C controls, and replacing the stock stereo as 75% of it has failed (including the antenna).

It's a 25 year old car with around 87,500 miles on it (odometer currently reads 87,385 and the last CarFax update was from a Lexus dealership 2 years ago just before the original owner was placed into hospice where his car sat in the garage for approximately 1.5 years.

That being said, the only major issues with the car in terms of mechanical reliability are the Alternator being killed by a leaking power steering pump (if your leaks) as it sits directly over the alternator which was a poor design idea in hindsight.

Given the issues I am dealing with, the knowledge that is out on the web in mass numbers, plus the near legendary reputation that Lexus has for reliability, I would say the numbers are correct, or very very very close at worst.

• 5 years later...

Neither am I, yet their owners tend to ignore all the quality and reliability issues. The new Kia EV6 was described by Car & Driver magazine (April/2022 issue) as combining the performance of a Tesla Model 3 with SUPERIOR build quality.

My guess is that most Tesla owners will not consider test-driving a Kia. If they do, they'd probably get depressed when they got back in their Teslas. 😏

• Like 1

It is definitely a badge society that we live in......Audi, Apple, Tesla and other big names which may or may not be a good product but its the one to be seen with.
I think Lexus is slowly getting into that subconscious but will always be niche enough not to attract the mass market

• Thanks 1