1990 to 1994 Lexus LS400 rear pillar lights

Amazee

I have been trying to get information on this but so far I can't find anything that will help me here, so I'm hoping to get an answer straight from the experts. I know that the 1990 to 1994 (not 1995 to 2000) LS400s have lights on the pillars in the back seats but I'm trying to find out if they turn on when any door is open or just when the door next to said light turns on. What I am trying to ask is, if you were to open the driver side door, would both pillar lights turn on or would they only turn on when you open the rear doors? Help would be appreciated! Thanks!

6ce873ed-3b0c-45f9-b540-60cbc3dc3a3e.JPG

These are the lights I'm talking about. Do they turn on when the doors open or do they only turn on when a specific door or button is opened or pushed?

My '90 LS 400 C Pillar lights:  The map light (push button) only turns on when depressed.  The Entry light only turns on with the corresponding door being opened.  None of the C Pillar lights turn on with with driver door or the overhead switch being turned on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JoeSuff said:

My '90 LS 400 C Pillar lights:  The map light (push button) only turns on when depressed.  The Entry light only turns on with the corresponding door being opened.  None of the C Pillar lights turn on with with driver door or the overhead switch being turned on.

I thought he was just referring to the button, nice video explanation!