Lexus GS 350 headlamps/headlight assembly

Hello Lexus owners. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get new headlamps/headlights for my 2007 gs350. I've looked on eBay and Amazon but I want the original ones that are on my car....not the newer ones that have the ats or afs. I don't want the headlights that have a line of 5 light bulbs. I will even buy them used if they look nice. Lexus wants over a grand and that's not happening.IMG_20160802_142817.jpg

Are your current headlights leaking or broken?  If the lenses are just cloudy and worn, it's probable that they can be restored to virtually like new condition with a refinishing product.  My favorite is from Sylvania and cost about  $25.

If they are leaking, try using epoxy.

If you really need replacement units, try a salvage company.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I just changed out a pair from my new-to-me GS350. It didn't go that well, so I have a pair of aftermarket CarID lamps that I had installed and then removed, and of course I have the old OEM lights that I eventually replaced with new OEM lights. One works fine, the other wouldn't self-level any more, and was locked in the low position. I'll put everything on eBay one of these days.

I also learned about aiming them. The headlight adjustment gear that I thought would change the height of the low beams actually moves them side to side. The gear that does change the height has been very carefully hidden by Lexus practically up against the fender, and invisible. If I didn't know it was there by looking at the old OEM light sitting on my garage floor I would have never found it. Getting a long screwdriver in there requires some guesswork too.

• 1 year later...
On 12/2/2017 at 3:08 PM, Halfwise said:

I just changed out a pair from my new-to-me GS350. It didn't go that well, so I have a pair of aftermarket CarID lamps that I had installed and then removed, and of course I have the old OEM lights that I eventually replaced with new OEM lights. One works fine, the other wouldn't self-level any more, and was locked in the low position. I'll put everything on eBay one of these days.

I also learned about aiming them. The headlight adjustment gear that I thought would change the height of the low beams actually moves them side to side. The gear that does change the height has been very carefully hidden by Lexus practically up against the fender, and invisible. If I didn't know it was there by looking at the old OEM light sitting on my garage floor I would have never found it. Getting a long screwdriver in there requires some guesswork too.

I agree the screw to adjust the headlights up and down are really in the back corner.  I can reach the passenger side but cant reach the driver side, whgich is aiming high.  All I can do is raise th passenger side higher also.  I dont want to take the front bumper off or the inner wheel well and fender to reach it.

• 1 year later...

I own a 2006 lexus gs300 and love the car. Recently I replaced the ballast and the bulb on the drivers side and it worked for a while but went out again. Checked the ballast and the bulb and the fuses and all were fine. Now the headlight doesn't fire up at all. Please help! 

• 4 weeks later...

In case its just the lens or the reflector inside no longer appears to have a mirror finish they are sold here. No idea what these aftermarket parts cost but the GS350 OEM lens retails for $205 and more OEM headlight parts are available separately through Lexus.

http://www.oemxenonshop.com/Lexus-GS-S190-Headlight-LensCover-GS300-GS350-GS430-GS450-Headlamp-Plastic-Lenses-Covers-Replacement.html

Below is a basic headlight design being tinted for the 4Runner but it details how to separate the lens from the body of a headlight assembly. I have used this method to reseal my leaky 4Runner headlights and it worked out fantastic for me. Understand I have never tried this method on an "Adaptive GS/LS headlight" assembly with more sensitive parts inside though? If anyone has an old "Adaptive" headlight laying around and wants to separate them in an oven like this to try and clean/repair them please let us know how well this or other methods worked/failed. Separating headlight lens/body easily without damaging its sensitive internal parts is something dyi people will need to know because these headlight designs are here to stay rather we like them or not folks. We can only hope their replacement cost lowers substantially.

fwiw- I just set my basic 4Runner headlight assembly in the oven on a board and everything came apart with very little effort so if this method works as well with these I'd say its an excellent way of separating headlight/lens and Lexus offers most internal headlight parts separately so the whole headlight assembly may be saved relatively cheap in some cases.

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/94693-blacked-out-headlights-06-sport-diy.html