Andysautosport.com

andysautosport.com has a carbon fiber hood for $512 til may 6th, then it bumps back up a few bucks. has anyone dealt with them before? i remember awj had a few problems with his cf hood, so i''m just inquiring about these guys.

I'm willing to bet that is the GTP hood. That is way too much $$. It is barely worth the 399$ gtp charges. The only CF hoods I've seen (for the SC) are those fabbed in China or whatever that GTP carries and distributes wholesale to the rest of these retailers. That is the second time I've come across it at a markup. Unbelievable. Despite the service, if you want the hood, get it from GTP. Pinholes, cracks and all. The only way to know for sure is to call them and ask where they get the hood from. If they can't tell you - hang up.

you are right on the money awj. i called and asked where it was from, he gave me the run around til i asked if it was from gtp. and he said yes. damn, are there any reliable distributor for cf hoods for our sc's??

hey aj, do you have the website or number to gtp? i'm thinking about just buying the damn hood cracked and all and just paint it over, cuz i have a crashed sc300 5spd and the hood needs to be replaced. you think the cfhood will withstand aging???

I wouldn't put that hood on a daily driver. No way. Unless you are willing to buy another one every couple years or so. Might be cheaper than oem replacement actually. I threw away everything I had GTP related. I might be able to dig up a packing slip somewhere though. Do you have google? Just giving you a hard time man - www.importfan.com (I can't believe I'm actually referring someone). That hood is going to be hell to paint. My body guy won't touch it with paint. I had to twist his arm to get him to agree to clear coat and wet sand it. He won't even do that until this winter when his workload drops off. After the research I've done, the only good CF parts are custom, one off stuff that costs an arm and a leg. There is a shop in Florida that doesn't stand behind their work. They stand on it. I seriously considering trying my own hand at lay-up but I don't have the time.

www.taprecycling.com

Checked gtp. They are charging 599$ for the hood. So your other source is cheaper. Sounds like you have an option after all. If you really want it.

I need more than a hood shipped from Japan. Any way you and I could get together and we could talk about prices, Bean? I'm willing to buy in bulk, if that's what it takes to get a desent price on shipping, but as of right nwo. I only want a kit, hood, wheels, and a few other parts.

By all means, check with other people. Mainland is the best place to source parts anyways. Everything is more expensive on Okinawa since they import everything except air and water. Id just be able to be a middle-man and source out some parts. They have people that survive on raping the junk yards and selling the stuff on Ebay

Well, I have an actual business/shop, so maybe we could get some people here together, and with a shop there and set up some sort of group deal, or something along those lines. I haven't tried Sypher, but I did try and send a PM to Matsubi or whatever his name is, but he never answered me back. I'm not even sure how to go about this really. Since we all wouldn't be buying one product line, we would have to find a place that could fill our entire order. Or have bean be an agent on my shops behalf and try to hook up a deal that way. I'm sure there are multiple ways this could work. I'm not sure, this is something that we'll have to work out.

As far as Andy's goes, Andy dosen't own the place anymore. We did business with (Still do) as he owns a hobby shop/slot car track also, and we deal to him. I ordered two civic kits from them after Andy had sold it off, and it was BS the whole way through, if we hadn't of had Andy go over and !Removed! them out we probably would have never gotten the kits. So I don't even look at thier website anymore.