Mileds per gallon

I have recently bought a 2007 RX 4ooh with £45k miles on the clock. Having driven fro the UK to The Tirol in Austria at speeds between 70mph and 100mph I find I am getting around 24mpg. (UK miles per gallon) - but its the discrepancy thats the issue.

This is nowhere near the advertised 37mpg and I have no idea what could be causing it. Could the main battery be not performing properly.

Any advice/guidance would be very much appreciated.

I have been on these forums for a long time, and have never seen anyone get a claimed 37mpg.  29-31 yes, but on average 24-25 mpg is what I get and many others.  This is a fantastic improvement over the old RX300 which got on average 17-19mpg.  Wow the advertised 37 must be the Camry.  That one does get that kind of mileage on the Hybrid.  Oh and welcome aboard to a great site with lots of knowledge.

The huge advantage that hybrids have over non-hybrids occurs during city driving. When you are traveling at 70-100 MPH, there is no advantage over a non-hybrid. I agree with Lenore; 37 is closer to what a hybrid Camry would achieve. We average 25-26 which is typically more than 20% better than most non-hybrid RX330s and RX350s.