How to replace dashboard mirror switch

tivoliman

The switch that helps adjust the side mirrors seems to be flaky, and needs replaced.

How do I remove the switch from the dashboard, without breaking any plastic

Car: 2003 LS430

There are some forum references for removing the full dashboard.  I was hoping to remove the minimum.

Many thanks

A picture of the switch is attached

Lexus.LS430.dashboard.mirror.switch.20170108.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have an 02 Ultra lux that had the same exact problem. All you have to do is pop off the mirror control panel and clean the contacts (and be sure all of the pins are pushed into the connector). The panel is held on with clips, just grab one of the lips and pull towards you. Then depress the tab that holds the connector in place and pull off the connector (the one behind the adjustment switch). Reassemble and you're ready to go (make sure the key is on or it won't adjust.....). Hope the pictures uploaded.....

Attached Thumbnails
Mirrors no longer adjujst-imgp0458.jpg   Mirrors no longer adjujst-imgp0459.jpg   Mirrors no longer adjujst-imgp0460.jpg  

• 1 year later...

My control works well on the passenger side but not so much on the driver side . Lexus quoted me a price of $400.00 for the fix , an auto repair shop wants to replace the mirror assembly  -cost 460.00