Hesitation, misfires, runs like crap

Jake33

I have an 00' Es300, 134k miles.

No CELs, sometimes when I start it, it will barely run for a few seconds and then slowly come to a steady idle. Sometimes I start it and it will be fine. When it warms up, it has a rough idle when in Park or Neutral. When in Drive or Reverse, the engine struggles to stay alive and the misfire is even worse it seems. When driving, the engine will shutter. It is not the transmission, it's the engine. Sometimes the brakes won't work when coming to a stop, feels like the vacuum is being pulled from them. All together it's running terrible and there are no CEL's. Oil is fine, just changed trans fluid because I thought it was that but it wasn't. Cleaned the MAF. 

Any ideas? Clogged cat maybe?

The idle will also climb to about ~1300 when warm and still misfire every once in a while as well. Unplugged the TPS while running, didn't fix it. Unplugged all 3 EGR sensors, didn't fix it. 

Hi Jake

Sounds like the idle control system is gummed up with carbon in the intake manifold.

Also check for vacuum leaks on hoses, etc.

Would suggest trying some intake cleaner in the engine. We have a treatment called Terraclean in the UK which consists of running cleaning solution throughout the engine and results in totally restoring idle speed, economy, performance, etc.  Not sure if there is anything like it in the US?

If not there should be lots of different types of cleaning solutions on eBay.

Cheers  Trevor