Opening the stereo

Has anybody ever opened up the stereo before? I've been tempting to do it since my CDs are stuck. 

I have already looked over this forum site on ways to remove the CD since I have an Error 4, but I still have no luck.

I really need to get those CDs out because I do need them. 

Things I have tried (if you're curious):

• Disconnected the battery
  • Took off/on the radio fuses
  • Abusing the eject/load/disc buttons while turning the key ignition off/acc
  • Ship mode

Hi Ray....welcome to the Forum

Have you tried a big hammer?  only joking!

I have had this issue before and removed them by taking the (already faulty) unit out and taken the cover off.

Once inside it was case of rolling the eject mechanism by hand to eject each one in turn....you'll see how it works once you fiddle with a couple of levers, etc

Let us know how you get on with it...and maybe post up a photo of the insides if you like?

Cheers  Trevor

• 3 months later...

I had the same Error 4 display message. I looked on YouTube and learned how to remove the unit from the dash. Very easy to do. I then removed the top cover with a Philips screw driver, maybe 12 screws. Then the tricky part. There are 4 small springs, 1 on each corner holding the top plate which secures the CDs. Unhook them (bent paper clip and magnifying glass a must). Don't drop them! Lift the plate off and then 1 by 1 remove the CDs. Reattach the top plate, put the cover back on, put the unit back in the dash. As someone else suggested, load only 5 CDs not 6. Cost? $0.00. Patience and perseverance definitely needed. Worked for me.

That"s great info! 

Let us know how things work out and that the fix is solid.

The Error 4 seemed to be the most frequent complaint ( about the stereo) around the 2008 thru 2013 models. I don't have any facts to back that up, just my impression.

Paul