Need Help. Engine Died While Driven

RX 350, 2GR-FE engine, 121k miles. Engine died while cruising on highway. A very dangerous situation as you lose steering and brakes. Managed to pull over and tried a re-start. Engine starts fine but stall within 3 seconds. I noticed engine will not stall if A/C is turned off. Has anyone experienced the same issue. I would appreciate it very much what the issue and the fix. Thanks in advance for your time. Happy New Year To All.

I suspect that either the AC alternator or a pulley is bad, or an idle control module has failed. Thankfully, you can still drive your vehicle while the issue is resolved.

Thanks "RX400h" for your reply.Spent most of yesterday at the dealership for diagnostics. Service Consultant says compressor is seized. What he meant I think is compressor clutch. He cannot however explain why engine stall. Job estimate is $2,200. for new compressor and receiver drier, OUCH!

Wow! You might want to ask a Toyota dealership or trusted local shop what they would charge. The engine stalls because there may be too much clutch torque resistance when the AC is turned on.

By the way, Happy New Year, as well.