Hi everyone,

I have the chance to purchase a 2007 RX 350 that is fully loaded for 10k approx. I test drove it today for the first time and though it rides and drives nice it does need to have some front brake work done (there is shimmy from the rotors, and I'm sure it will need pads also). The vehicle does have a shimmy at about 60 to 75 (yes that is the fastest it would normally be driven by me) that I assume is tied to the rotor issue. The only other issue that I found was the auto lock from the key did not work something that a new key will probably take care of is my guess. Nothing really major that I could see but I will have it checked out before I make an offer.

So I have three questions here. #1 for those that currently own a RX 350, is a fully loaded 2007 model with approx. 120k on it a good value at 10k? #2 I have found where there have been some issues with the oil cooler lines but is there anything else that I should make sure to have checked an on the pre-purchase examine. #3 When I went to open the rear hatch it did not auto open, and I was under the impression that this vehicle should have that feature. It does auto close with the switch on the tailgate, so is this something that I should have my mechanic look into also?

Thanks everyone for your help and advise here.
Happy New Year and best wishes for a terrific 2017!

Steve Turnquist

Hi Steven....welcome to the Forum

The judder would only be from the brake rotors if the brakes are applied...if the judder is there without the brakes being applied then it is more than likely to be a wheel imbalance which is easy to rectify by balancing the wheels (cheap job).

I shall let others that are more knowledgeable specifically about the RX350 answer your other questions.

Keep us updated with your progress.

Cheers   Trevor

Did you try pressing and holding the PWR DOOR button on your remote?

Really, everything should work on the vehicle. Whatever doesn't should be fixed on the seller's dime BEFORE you buy the vehicle. The shimmy could be a wheel imbalance or tire issue. Again, tell the seller that he or she needs to make the issues right. Buying a vehicle "AS-IS" is risky business.

Hi everyone,

I have the chance to purchase a 2007 RX 350 that is fully loaded for 10k approx. I test drove it today for the first time and though it rides and drives nice it does need to have some front brake work done (there is shimmy from the rotors, and I'm sure it will need pads also). The vehicle does have a shimmy at about 60 to 75 (yes that is the fastest it would normally be driven by me) that I assume is tied to the rotor issue. The only other issue that I found was the auto lock from the key did not work something that a new key will probably take care of is my guess. Nothing really major that I could see but I will have it checked out before I make an offer.

So I have three questions here. #1 for those that currently own a RX 350, is a fully loaded 2007 model with approx. 120k on it a good value at 10k? #2 I have found where there have been some issues with the oil cooler lines but is there anything else that I should make sure to have checked an on the pre-purchase examine. #3 When I went to open the rear hatch it did not auto open, and I was under the impression that this vehicle should have that feature. It does auto close with the switch on the tailgate, so is this something that I should have my mechanic look into also?

Thanks everyone for your help and advise here.
Happy New Year and best wishes for a terrific 2017!

Steve Turnquist

My advice is no.  A lot of things start going wrong around 100,000 miles.  If those things you talked about needs fixing then it's just now starting.   For instance, rack & pinion boot on passenger side,  oil bypass line, oil cooler line among others.