Gas Milage

madman1

ok this is a good one.

my 92 ls400 has 78,000 miles on it and replaced the air filter,fuel filter and spark plugs and yes i know it really didnt need plugs but i guess i was just bord.

anyway before i done all of this i would get about 210 miles to ahalf a tank with reg unleaded. after it was all done i now get around 160 miles out of ahalf a tank.

i didnt got back with the factory plug i went with the bosch platiuam quaud tip it not a real cheap plug at 5 or 6 $ a peace. what happened ?

humm that sounds odd. i am currently running the same plug, they are working out great

210 miles to the half of tank, is pretty darn good though

also is that just one mileage calculation??? you have to do several,(atleast 3-4) to actually get a fair reading....give her some time ;)

have u changed any of your driving habbits?

as in driving it hard???

i usually baby it, and i can get about 500 some odd miles out of one tank. about the same as you if i drive it her a bit harder.

got 575 miles one time :blink:

but this whole gas mileage thing has been beaten to death on here, sorry to add to it again. :D

What brand of gas does everyone use, any favorites or myths? We have a stinkr station here that has 93 octane (with 10% ethanol), is ethanol ok?

Sorry to pour gas on the fire! :chairshot:

What brand of gas does everyone use, any favorites or myths? We have a stinkr station here that has 93 octane (with 10% ethanol), is ethanol ok?

Sorry to pour gas on the fire! :chairshot:

I get around 21 mpg out of my 2000 LS. Most gasolines come from the same refineries, they just mix in different additives in the storage tanks. No real big differences.