Sign in to follow this  
BigBlue56

GX470 hatch lock is stuck

I have a GX470. I heard a little motor in the back of my car running twice today. Then when I got home , we took my son's hockey bag out, and the door won't shut. The lock is stuck.  I've tried disconnecting the battery, but that didn't work. All I did was remove the cables from the posts. After reattaching the cables to the battery, I just tried unlocking the doors.  It didn't work. I can't lock the doors because of that one that is keeping the door open. Is there anything I can do to release the lock so that I can shut the door?

Hi Matthew...welcome to the Forum

I'm sure someone on here will know the exact solution but if it's any consolation, it's a positive thing that the door is open as opposed to locked in the closed position as you can still access the mechanism and remove the door card easily.

I'm sure it's some linkage dropped off or broken but I'll let the experience of others guide you to the solution.

Regards   Trevor

I hope so. Highs are supposed to be in the single digits this weekend. I need to have it working. :(

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By FinnSailor5193
      Where may I buy an OEM subwoofer for my 2008 GX 470 w/Nav? Its rattly and i dont know if can be repaired or replaced by an aftermarket.  I read somewhere someone called DCfish might be a good contact? New to all this. Any advice helpful.
    • By Robshow
      I installed a Rutech bypass and block off plates and my initial check engine light went out.  A day later I get the P0418 error telling me relay A is bad or there is faulty wiring etc.  
      Does anyone know where the SAIS relay is located for P0418?  I have been searching to the point of insanity. :)

thank you 

2006 Gx470 4.7l
    • By GumbleX
      Have an GX470 that has been a trusted companion for 8 years with 190k. Has worked for my wife and three kids. Was hoping to get the last 18 months of use until my last kid went to college, but the rear air suspension system is totally gone and the dealer quoted me $5,200. Dealer came back and offered a “kit” that would convert to a standard suspension that would be $2,200, but the car still has another $2-3k of other repairs to get it back to “normal”. I put Almost $1,500 into the air conditioning system a few years ago and promised that would be the last major investment. I was surprised that the blue book value still says the car is work $10k. Should I repair and sell, donate or just call it a day and sell it for scrap? Not sure if I could sell it in its current state. It’s an “extra” car and no longer needed, but sucking up too much time and resources. Any recommendations or thoughts about next steps? Thanks
    • By fozzir
      I just purchased a 2004 GX470 today with 125k miles.  First thing I want to do is add bluetooth to the kick !Removed! (Mark L) stereo in this thing.  Also, I wanted to see if anyone has been able to change the front monitor with the newer high quality gps?.  The gps on the 2004 is so outdated.  I look forward to talking with you all!
    • By Dbaqueri
      So I got a flat tire on my 1995 ls400. I'm trying to pull out the spare tire but it's held in place by this black knob. It looks like it can be turned but I've been trying to turn it with tools for an hour but it's barely budged. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to post a picture.