Finally Got My New Paint.....sigh

juan01

Was sort of a bittersweet day for me today..... Here's the story.

I picked up my car from the shop today (Guaranteed Auto Guam) and was very happy with how it turned out.... They fixed up all the dings, scratches, and fixed my hood...they also shaved my antenna, installed 92-94 foglights, and did my eyelids. I picked it up at around 3pm and headed to class. I was thirsty so I decided to stop by the store near the university for a drink. I saw my friend there and we were talking about class when all of a sudden I heard a thump and then I turned around and saw a small ball bounce off the roof of my car!!!! WTF!!!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko: I thought it was a pingpong ball at first so I didn't do anything and started talking to my friend again... A few minutes later ANOTHER ball hits the asphalt near our cars and I was like wtf!!! So I'm looking around from where it came from, I knew it was from behind the building....but the only thing behind the building is jungle/grass... So I'm assuming some guy was hitting balls from a distance??? So I'm left with a little ding/dent on my roof, right next to the sunroof. :mad: Man, what luck I have!!! Good thing the ball didn't hit the glass. argh, well yea, at least I have new paint. Now I have to go back to the shop to get it fixed... Unless there's another way you guys can recommend me?

sigh....here's the pic. More pics tomorrow, I only got to take one pic because I was in a hurry for class and it's night now....

paint.jpg

Couple of months ago, I was looking for the weather forecast on my local News channel [dress according to the weather, lol], and they said that the Dent remover don't always work, it only works on certain types of dent. I didn't watch the whole thing, I just remember them saying it. I didn't help much, but just to let you know that it doesn't always work.

I think, they just work on round dents, in the center where it doesn't take much force to get them out.

If you do use it, be carefull; don't want to mess that paint up again.

most dent pullers work depending on the dent. if the dent has any kinks, sharp corners or where the metal looks like it is creased then it won't work. if the dent is like the inside of a smooth bowl i dont see why any dent puller won't work.

most dent pullers work depending on the dent. if the dent has any kinks, sharp corners or where the metal looks like it is creased then it won't work. if the dent is like the inside of a smooth bowl i dont see why any dent puller won't work.

You just read my mind, I was going to place an exact post. :D

I was also doing some reading up on how to remove dents... I've read about lubricated plungers and a dry ice method. I might try those soon... The dry ice one sounds like it would work. You heat up the spot and hold dry ice up over it and the dent should come out... heat/cold kinda thing.

check it out: http://pa.essortment.com/howtofixbody_rjmc.htm

i had a pretty deep dent on my driver's side frint fender. it was oval shaped and about silver dollar sized. i bought a ding king repair kit for $19.95... glue gun, several glue sticks and a couple of suction cups with

different shapes and the puller which threads onto the cups.

it took about 5 repeat cycles of: putting hot glue in the suction cup, placing cup over dent and allowing to dry, and then applying the puller to cup and slowly drawing it out. after the fifth repeat the dent was

barely noticible to me and would not be apparent to any1 unaware of its location. no damage to paint at all.

i searched the web just now and the site below is offering the same unit

on sale for the same 19.95 price. for that cost it would be worth a try and you certainly should have use for it sometime down the road.

http://www.qksrv.net/click-907648-10274001...nkindenrep.html

hope this helps.

lexie

Don't even worry about speelling. Nobody noticed.

LOL

A good dent tech can remove almost anything perfectly.

Using dry ice can be very hazardous to your paint as it can flak right off very easily. I prefer to use a tech for about $100 and get it flawlessly removed with a few tools.

I have a guy in Toronto that i use if anyone needs one here.

Mate, that color is soooooooo nice!

I'm one of those people that thinks the color they have is the best they come in... you now have me re-considering :P

Is that a stock color? Or do the pics make it look better than it is?

• 2 weeks later...