LS460 Lock Actuator problems

This is my second LS460.  My first one was a 2009.  My current model is a 2014 LS460 F-Sport.  My previous LS had a lock actuator problem where four locks failed.  It initially happened under warranty and they said they replaced the 3 actuators.  Then it happened again after the warranty was up and wanted $1500 per lock actuator (same 3 locks again).  I fought them and was able to substantially discount the cost.  Anyways, the same problem happened again with my current car.  Again, driver side front and back locos and front passenger side lock malfunctioned.  It is covered under the warranty.

Am I just cursed or is this a frequent problem?  The Lexus service center teller me it never happens and that it is rare.  It has happened too me three times now with two different cars.  All same locks.  I am so bothered by this and of course they don't have these parts in stock so I have to break into my car every day which is embarrassing.....

Can anyone give me some insight?

• 6 months later...

No, it's not a common problem.  But the actuators do fail occasionally.  I suspect it's a one-off thing.  But if you are that worried, get a Lexus extended warranty before your new car warranty runs out.

• 11 months later...

It is a common problem.  I’ve had 2 LS460s.  I’ve had all 4 lock actuators replaced under warranty on my current 2013 LS - all before 90k miles.  They are now beginning to fail in sequence again at 120k miles.  Bad design/quality on their lock system.  Am waiting to hear from Lexus if they will cover the cost. 

• 1 year later...

This is ridiculous. Just bought a 2015 LS F-sport 3 months ago. Front 2 actuators went out 2 months ago. Replaced under third party warranty. Now one rear one is acting up. It's a $100 deductible for every visit so now I have to decide to wait for the other rear to go out before replacing both. After warranty expires I would have to fork out money for this design defect. I understand if one went out or even two. But all of them going out screams a defect somewhere. Just for comparison, my 1998 LS400 actuators just went out last year after 20 years which I was able to replace on my own. Wonder if aftermarket actuators will work better. 

• 3 months later...