Keyless Entry

madman1

3 members have voted

1. 1. Keyless Entry

• ok thanks.
    • if anyone else has anything on this let me know.thankes again.

:angry: HI GUYS I AM NEW TO THIS BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM ! I HAVE A 92 LS400 AND WHEN I LOCK MY DOORS WITH THE BUTTON ON THE KEY I HEAR NO HORN OR CHURP GO OFF. IVE BEEN TOLD THAT THERE IS A ON/OFF SWITCH OR A VOLUME CONTROL DOWN UNDER THE STEERING COLOUMB. I CALLED MY DEALER YESTERDAY THEY TOLD ME I HAVE TO BRING IT IN BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO INPUT CODES TO MAKE THE CHURP COME ON.

IF THIS IS TRUE DOES ANYONE HAVE THE CODES OR ARE THEY FULL OF IT?

HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that the "beep" on lock was started with the 93 models but I could be wrong. My the keyless on my 90 LS had a fairly short range, even when new, and I could just looked inside at the door locks to see if it was locked or unlocked. My 00 LS has an on-off button for the beep under the dash.

I have a 94 LS and when i first bought the car the chirping/beeping was REALLY quiet. I was bored one day and looked through the owners manual and found on one of the first few pages a diagram. It is located right near the hood release. it is a small black knob just like the volume for a radio, but way smaller, smaller than a dime. If you turn it all the way one way it clicks off and turn it the other way and that is all the way up.

I hope this helps. try this b4 goin to the dealer.

No beeps or horn chirp on a '92. No codes to imput either. Just and on/off switch left of the steering column. The dealer will sell you a new receiver chip and two new keys to get your system working. Be forwarned, it will be $300 or more.

I have a 94 LS and when i first bought the car the chirping/beeping was REALLY quiet. I was bored one day and looked through the owners manual and found on one of the first few pages a diagram. It is located right near the hood release. it is a small black knob just like the volume for a radio, but way smaller, smaller than a dime. If you turn it all the way one way it clicks off and turn it the other way and that is all the way up.

I hope this helps. try this b4 goin to the dealer.

This helps me, since mine is 93'.