Best Tires for ES 300

I just purchased a 2003 ES 300, pristine condition with 208,000 miles. The tires are pretty well worn and I would like fellow LOC members to recommend their favorite tires. I am in the SE so no driving in snow with a 70% city/30% highway driving ratio. More interested in comfort and quietness than performance. Any recommendations will be welcomed with your comments.

Here is a link to Tire Rack's current ratings of Grand touring all-season tires:  http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=GTAS

I bought sets of Michelin Primacy MXV4 for the Camry and last LS we used to have and they were very nice - quiet and decent handling.

I recently bought a set of Michelin Premier A/S tires for my Sienna - they happen to currently be #1 in Tire Rack's ratings of Grand touring all-season tires.  They supposedly are much better than average on wet roads but I didn't have much time to evaluate that aspect since the Sienna is now on its Winter wheels/tires.

You could go with true summer tires as long as there is zero chance that you will drive on snow and ice.  Many summer-only tires, however, are very performance oriented and don't last as long as all-season tires.

I also live in the SE and put Cooper CSS grand touring tires on my '99 ES300 last year, and they are definitely smoother than the Michelin exaltos(?) that were on it. They handle well and have done well in rain. They're also very quite on my car. There's not much third party information out there on them though. I got them on the high recommendation from my local independent tire shop owner that I also know personally, and I'm happy with them. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...