94 ES300 Transmission Problem?

Bwest

I have 94 ES300 with 127k miles on it. I drove this car from Los Angeles to Oregon with no problem at all. A day after I arrived the transmission started acting up. It would shut off on drive every time I pressed the gas. But it will drive in 2nd gear fine I've been driving in 2nd to start then I switch to drive and it runs fine. I don't know what the problem is any suggestions would help. I thought it was the throttle body at first cause it's done this before and my mechanic in ca cleaned the gunk out and it solved the problem till I arrived here. But I've been told it's the transmission. Please help. 

How do I check and fix if it is the problem? But an update I have not done nothing and sometimes the car will run perfect then sometimes it will repeat the cycle of only running in 2nd then to drive like I said above. 

The best way to do it is swap out for ecm with one from the junk yard that has the same part #, it's not difficult, just unplug the defective one and plug in the replacement and see if it fixes it...it should it's a classic symptom of a failing ecm especially in these order es300's . I have gone through three in 4 years,  I had one that was starting me off in 2nd gear and another that was holding a fuel injector open and dumping raw gas into the exhuast