Question about LS400 Stereo!

AidanB

Hi! I have a 1995 Lexus LS400, with the stock "Premium" stereo in it. It sounds great, however I have heard that the Nakamichi stereo sounds way better. So my question is (mind you that I know nothing about this subject) would replacing the radio unit make the difference or would I have to replace all the speakers as well? Replacing the radio is fairly inexpensive and I want an upgrade but I don't want to compromise the look of the car(I think an after market would look silly in my car). If you have any knowledge on this subject please let me know! Also I figure I may as well ask while I'm here, does anyone know about servicing the phone that comes with the car? I've looked all over google and found nothing but I thought I may as well ask, Thanks!

As far as I know to exchange to the Nakamichi system you would need the proper wire harness and amplifier or amplifiers on gen 2 I don't know that series well, so it would be pretty much a total system replacement. I think the premium system sounds just great, but I don't blow out my ear drums like a kid would. I'm not a fan of installing after market junk, but if you do decide, keep the old head unit, and use the proper stuff to install it. That means no cutting or destroying any factory car parts, wiring etc. Then when it comes time to sell it to someone that wants factory original stuff you can return it to that.